In this issue of The Nease Report, you will gain the latest update on job openings, internal updates from our company and a recap from the March job market along with what to expect this April!
Our office will be open & operating during normal office hours on
April 15th and April 18th.
Timesheet deadlines will remain Monday at 1pm.
America added 431,000 jobs in March, bringing the unemployment rate to a new pandemic low
America’s labor market is roaring back, adding another 431,000 jobs in March and bringing the unemployment rate to a new pandemic-era low of 3.6%, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.
Prior to the pandemic, the jobless rate was at 3.5%, matching the near 50-year low first set in 2019. Even though the job gains were lower than economists had expected, they still rounded up a strong first quarter for the US labor market with an average monthly gain of more than half a million jobs. March was the 15th straight month of robust job gains. The economy is now just 1.6 million jobs — or 1% — short of where it was in February 2020, before the pandemic hit, according to the BLS. That means the country is on pace to bounce back from the pandemic recession almost eight years faster than it took to recover from the Great Recession.
Several labor market measures are already close to their pre-covid levels, the BLS said Friday. That includes the total number of unemployed people, which fell to 6 million in March, as well as the number of permanent job losers, which declined to 1.4 million.
Click here to read more!
Featured Job Openings
- Accountant – Kinston
- Bookkeeper- Greenville
- Administrative Assistant – Greenville
- Customer Service Rep- Greenville
- Executive Assistant – Kinston
- Medical Administration- Greenville
- Certified Medical Assistants- Greenville
- Certified Medical Assistant – Kinston
- Outreach Specialist(s)- Multiple Locations
- Payroll Analyst- Greenville
- Security Guard -Greenville
- Referral Coordinator- Greenville
- Receptionist – Kinston
- Motor Fleet Assistant- Greenville
- Utility Technician Assistant(s) -Greenville
- Warehouse Technician(s) – Greenville
Staffing Agency FAQs
Most people have heard of a temp agency, but do you know how they work? Aside from being completely free to all candidates, the benefits are resounding.
If you’ve had recent changes in employment and are worried your resume is at risk of showing an unavoidable gap, considering a temporary assignment may be the key.
In addition to opportunities that are strictly temporary, some positions may go permanent after you’ve working a required minimum of hours (560) or may start permanently by being chosen within a Direct Hire program. Direct Hire placements typically involve a skill set that is beyond the entry level realm. Whether you are looking for something for a year, a few months, or looking for a long-term career, staffing agencies are a great way to get your foot in the door with a new employer that interests you.
Other desirable aspects of temporary placements:
- Faster than normal hiring process
- Receiving competitive wages
- Broadening your skillset and strengthening your resume
- Opportunity to become familiar with the position, duties and employer before committing long-term